Using printers is not that difficult of a job specially if you keep a check on the ink levels. Usually people tend to be very irresponsible in managing their printers which leads to inefficient results. One of the common things that people need to make sure is that the ink levels of a cartridge are readily checked. If the ink levels are not optimal, then chances are that the printing results will be faded and ruined. There are seven simple steps to follow in order to check for the ink levels. Let’s have a go through at them one by one;
- Make sure that your printer is connected to the computer system. Mostly people tend to make this mistake. They start blaming the printer for not functioning properly and vouch on changing the printer. If the printer is not connected to the computer system, find the jack and connect the printer first. Once this is done, you can move on to the next step.
- After you have connected the printer to the computer system, click the “Start” button on the bottom left corner and go to “Settings”. You will be shown a list of different functions on the left hand side of your screen. Go on to the “Control Panel” option.
- Check out for the Printer or Fax icon that is displayed on the Control Panel window.
- Find the designated Printer icon in your window and check it out. Right click on the printer icon and go for the “Preferences” option. This option contains all the possible changes that you can opt for your printer settings.
- On the Preferences tab, there will be a number of options in the prescribed menu. Click on the “Services” tab. This option will provide you with the chance to change/alter all the services within.
- Once you have accessed the Services tab, you will be given multiple options from which to select. Go for the option, “Service this device”. This option will activate the Services menu for the printer. Once this is activated, you will get a chance to check out all the necessary information regarding the printer.
- From the options given, click on the estimated ink level tab. This will give you a pop up window indicating the amount of ink left in the cartridge. Keep checking it on regularly to keep the ink in the cartridge updated.
Often people tend to wonder if checking out the printer ink on regular basis is required. Well, there is no hiding the fact that the life of the printer is richly dependent on the cartridge ink. In addition to this, it is highly recommended to get the ideal cartridge ink level in the printer in order to get the best possible results. The common difference between a photocopier and a normal printer user is that the photocopier constantly checks the ink levels. To get the best quality ink cartridges, check out HP 3650 ink at Toner City